2010 was a tremendous year for me. I met a lot of fantastic people, shared some amazing stories, and experienced a lot of professional/personal growth.
With my last post of 2010, I want to acknowledge some of the phenomenal folks who continually teach and challenge me. I appreciate their wisdom, guidance, and friendship. I am so excited about 2011. I'll see you next year. Thanks for reading!
- Jeff Jackson: Jeff created BreakDrink.com and while we have never met in person, we have "met" via his podcast and chatted over the phone. A class act.
- Mamta Accapadi: The Dean of Students at Oregon State University, Mamta and I first met via Facebook. She's a mentor and a friend. An inspirational leader.
- Ed Cabellon: Ed is a student affairs social media superstar. He's also the nicest person that I've ever met.
- Kenn Elmore: I've written about Dean Elmore already this year. He is one of my favorite tweeting senior student affairs officers.
- John Battaglino: Presenting with John at ACPA was a real treat. Can't wait to do it again!
- Kevin Guidry: A self-described "curmudgeon," Kevin is a leading voice in the student affairs technology community. I appreciate his attitude and insight.
- Heather Shea Gasser: My partner in crime on the ACPA Social Media Task Force, Heather has been a joy to work with. She teaches me a lot...she just doesn't know it.
- I had a fantastic experience at EDUCAUSE 2010. I had a great time networking/engaging with Shannon Ritter, Tanya Joosten, Robin Smail, and Amy Collier.
- Valerie Heruska: She sent me Play-Doh in the mail...that's an automatic qualifier for this list!
- Niki Rudolph: I now have a pair of argyle socks thanks to Niki. Again, socks or Play-Doh equals an automatic mention. Automatic-mention rules for 2011 are still a secret!
- Stacy Oliver: My "Twitter Twin." (We share the same birth day.) Stacy is a student affairs rock star.
- I met several awesome people at this year's ACPA Convention. I've stayed in touch via Twitter with several folks including: Kristen Rupert, Becca Obergefell, Kathy Petras, Mike Severy, Chris Conzen, Cindy Kane, and Jeannette Passmore
- Rey Junco: One of a few student affairs technology researchers and practitioners, Rey's data adds depth and value to any student affairs technology conversation.
- Debra Sanborn and Tom Krieglstein: The founders/editors of the #SAchat. Student Affairs folks networking and connecting on Twitter. Fabulous!
- Brian LeDuc: My #SAgrow mentee. He's already a leader. Follow Brian and you'll learn a lot.
- Teri Bump: Teri is a mentor and friend. I am thankful for everything that she has given me. I appreciate that she allows me to be irreverent.
- Laura Pasquini: Laura and I were separated at birth. While not actually related, she's my higher education technology sister.
- Liz Van Lysal Gross: Liz gets marketing, higher ed, and social media. Look for Liz to bring it in 2011.
- Brad J. Ward: A fellow higher ed consultant, Brad does a lot for the higher ed web community. He knows everything about Facebook.
- Thomas Valdez: Tommy is looking for a job in student affairs...hire him before I do. He's super rad!
- Julie Payne Kirchmeier: Allegedly, JPK has an affinity for a certain singer who will not be named. In all seriousness, Julie is a wonderful leader and I always learn from her.
*I rode in a helicopter this year. It was my first time and it was amazing!
Do you tweet? Let's connect. Follow me on Twitter.