What's New at University of Venus 30 July 2011
July 30, 2011 - 11:15am
What’s New at University of Venus - Week Ending 30 July 2011
University of Venus Around the Web:
- University of Venus at The Guardian UK The risks of publishing: upholding freedom of speech for academics by Denise Horn.
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Janni Aragon Why the Adaptive Advising Tool Will Not Replace Undergraduate Advising at Prof. Janni Aragon’s Blog
- Lee Skallerup Bessette admits that she is a Bad Female Academic because she’s only a Partially Progressive Parent, exposes how “Grad School for All” is actually just as bad for faculty as it is for students, and compares living in the city to livin’ in the country. She also talks about the roots of her research interests in “Moving Forward/Coming Full Circle.”
- Mary Churchill on Knowledge, Power, and the Politics of Life at Old School, New School in the Chronicle.
- Melonie Fullick Know Your Value at Speculative Diction.
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe fears tyranny of the minority.
- Ernesto Priego Networking Research as Paradigm Shift: Opening the Door at The Networked Researcher and On Collaborative Blogging as Scholarly Activity: Parts 1 and 2 at PhD2Published.
- Liana Silva A Book is a Book is a Book (Or, On the Obsession With Print Books) and I Didn’t Mean to Make You Cry (Or, My Two Cents on NPR’s “Songs That Make You Weep” at Words Are My Game.
If You’re Not on Twitter, You Might Have Missed:
- Identity Crisis: Gender, Class, The Humanities at Reassigned Time 2.0.
Montclair , NJ
As one of the nation's leading liberal arts colleges, Denison offers an authentic education in the fine arts, humanities, natural sciences, and social...
Brandman University provides students with a dynamic education based on excellence and flexibility that creates lasting value and relevance for evolvi...