Commencement Speakers Announced: Bentley, Brandeis, Central, Colgate, College of Westchester, Fayetteville State, Johnson C. Smith, Norwich, Quinnipiac, SUNY Cobleskill, U. of Rhode Island, Wheeling Jesuit
April 29, 2011
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2011:
- Bentley University: David Gergen, the commentator and political advisor.
- Brandeis University: David Brooks, columnist for The New York Times.
- Central College, of Iowa: Tom Boat, executive associate dean of clinical affairs for the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine.
- Colgate University: Howard Fineman, the political commentator.
- College of Westchester: Lawrence Otis Graham, the author and lawyer.
- Fayetteville State University: Arne Duncan, U.S. secretary of education.
- Johnson C. Smith University: Nomzamo Nobandla Winnifred “Winnie” Madikizela-Mandela, the South African activist.
- Norwich University: Jane Holl Lute, deputy secretary of homeland security.
- Quinnipiac University: Mitch Albom, the author.
- State University of New York at Cobleskill: Eduardo M. Ochoa, assistant secretary of education for postsecondary education.
- University of Rhode Island: Cory Booker, the mayor of Newark; and Margaret Leinen, executive director of the Florida Atlantic University Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute.
- Wheeling Jesuit University: David Wilhelm, political consultant and venture capitalist.
San Angelo, TX
Saint Paul, MN
Chicago , IL
Founded in 1971, Empire State College, State University of New York, is one of the university’s 13 colleges of arts and sciences, accredited by the Mi...
Fayetteville State University (FSU) is a member of the prestigious University of North Carolina System...