New Presidents or Provosts: Bellin College, Emporia State U., Lincoln College, Southern Connecticut State U., Truman State U., U. of New Orleans
January 16, 2012
- John Blackburn, chief executive officer of Country Financial, in Illinois, has been chosen as president of Lincoln College, also in Illinois.
- Connie J. Boerst, interim president, vice president of academic affairs and professor of nursing at Bellin College, in Wisconsin, has been named to the presidency on a permanent basis.
- Peter J. Fos, professor and program director of health policy and systems management at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans, has been appointed as president of the University of New Orleans.
- Mary A. Papazian, provost and senior vice president of academic affairs at Lehman College of the City University of New York, has been named president of Southern Connecticut State University.
- P. Joan Poor, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and professor of economics at Bemidji State University, in Minnesota, has been chosen as provost and vice president for academic affairs at Truman State University, in Missouri.
- Michael D. Shonrock, senior vice president and associate professor of educational psychology and leadership at Texas Tech University, has been selected as president of Emporia State University, in Kansas.
Known for its innovation and its visionary thinking, Lone Star College System is the largest institution of higher education in the greater Houston ar...
The Yuba Community College District spans eight counties and nearly 4,200 square miles in beautiful, rural, northern California...