New Presidents or Provosts: Catawba College, Chabot College, Culver-Stockton College, Fresno Pacific U., Houston Baptist U., Ivy Tech CC-Northeast, New York Law School
April 11, 2012
- Anthony W. Crowell, counselor to New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg and chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Brooklyn Public Library, has been appointed as dean and president of New York Law School.
- Brien Lewis, vice president for university development and alumni relations at Winthrop University, in South Carolina, has been named president of Catawba College, in North Carolina.
- Cathy Maxwell, vice president of academic affairs at Bauder College, in Georgia, has been selected as vice chancellor for academic affairs at Ivy Tech Community College-Northeast, in Indiana.
- Pete Menjares, vice provost for faculty development and academic effectiveness at Biola University, in California, has been selected as president of Fresno Pacific University, also in California.
- John Mark Reynolds, founder and director of the Torrey Honors Institute at Biola University, in California, has been chosen as provost at Houston Baptist University, in Texas.
- Daniel Silber, associate provost and professor of philosophy at Florida Southern College, has been named vice president for academic affairs and dean of the college at Culver-Stockton College, in Missouri.
- Susan Sperling, dean of social sciences at Chabot College, in California, has been selected as president there.