New Presidents or Provosts: Carthage College, Lincoln U. (N.Z.), New College of Florida, Scott CC, U. of Alabama System, U. of Maryland-Eastern Shore, U. of Wisconsin-La Crosse, Washington State U.-Vancouver
April 17, 2012
- Juliette B. Bell, provost and vice president for academic affairs at Central State University, in Ohio, has been chosen as president of the University of Maryland-Eastern Shore.
- Heidi Slettedahl Macpherson, pro vice chancellor of research and innovation at De Montfort University, in England, has been named provost and vice chancellor for academic affairs at the University of Wisconsin at La Crosse.
- Emile C. (Mel) Netzhammer III, provost and vice president for academic affairs for Keene State College, in New Hampshire, has been selected as chancellor of Washington State University Vancouver.
- Donal O’Shea, dean of faculty and vice president for academic affairs at Mount Holyoke College, in Massachusetts, has been appointed as president of New College of Florida.
- Teresa Paper, dean of the college and interim president at Scott Community College, in Iowa, has been named president on a permanent basis.
- Andrew West, former chief executive of AgResearch, Ltd and adjunct professor of agribusiness at the University of Waikato, in New Zealand, has been selected as vice chancellor of Lincoln University, also in New Zealand.
- Robert E. Witt, president of the University of Alabama's main campus at Tuscaloosa, has been named chancellor of the University of Alabama System.
- Gregory Woodward, dean of the School of Music at Ithaca College, in New York, has been chosen as president of Carthage College, in Wisconsin.
The University's contemporary 190 acre campus is located in Rio Grande, Ohio, nestled in the beautiful rolling hills of the Southeastern region of the...
WU at a Glance Winthrop is a public, comprehensive university that blends liberal arts, professional programs, global awareness, and civic engagement...