New Presidents or Provosts: Folsom Lake College, Georgetown U., Mount Ida College, Rend Lake College, Seattle Pacific U., Slippery Rock U.
May 1, 2012
- Barry Brown, provost, professor and former acting president of Suffolk University, in Massachusetts, has been selected as president of Mount Ida College, also in Massachusetts.
- Robert M. Groves, director of the U.S. Census Bureau, in Washington, D.C., has been named provost of Georgetown University, also in Washington, D.C.
- Daniel J. Martin, president of Mount Vernon Nazarene University, in Ohio, has been chosen as president of Seattle Pacific University, in Washington.
- Cheryl Joy Norton, former president of Southern Connecticut State University and a senior fellow at the American Association of State Colleges and Universities, has been appointed as president of Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania.
- Rachel Rosenthal, assistant superintendent/vice president of instruction at Sierra College, in California, has been chosen as president of Folsom Lake College, also in California.
- Terry Wilkerson, chair of the Applied Science and Technology Division at Rend Lake College in Illinois, has been promoted to president there.
State Center Community College District (SCCCD) was formed in 1964 when it assumed control of Fresno City College and Reedley College...
Notre Dame of Maryland University is a Catholic, liberal arts college committed to educating women as leaders...