New Presidents or Provosts: Cabrillo College, Carlow U., Columbus Technical College, Governors State U., Mount Royal U., New Mexico State U., Princeton U., U. of Cincinnati
August 6, 2013
- Deborah Bordelon, dean of graduate studies at Governors State University, in Illinois, has been promoted to provost and vice president for academic affairs there.
- Lorette Hoover, president of Altamaha Technical College, in Georgia, has been named president of Columbus Technical College, also in Georgia.
- Dan Howard, dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at the University of Colorado at Denver, has been appointed as executive vice president and provost at New Mexico State University.
- Laurel Jones, president of Mission College, in California, has been named president and superintendent of Cabrillo College, also in California.
- David S. Lee, professor of economics and public affairs and the director of the industrial relations section at Princeton University, has been selected as provost there.
- Suzanne K. Mellon, executive vice president and professor of Saint Anselm College, in New Hampshire, has been chosen as president of Carlow University, in Pennsylvania.
- Kathryn Shailer, dean of the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Sciences and the School of Interdisciplinary Studies at Ontario College of Art and Design, has been chosen as provost and vice president-academic at Mount Royal University, in Alberta.
- Beverly Davenport Sypher, vice provost for faculty affairs at Purdue University, in Indiana, has been appointed senior vice president for academic affairs and provost at the University of Cincinnati, in Ohio.
Lawrence University is a nationally recognized undergraduate college of the liberal arts and sciences with a conservatory of music...
Central Washington University (CWU) is located in the heart of Washington State in the historic town of Ellensburg...