First Rhodes Winners at Ursinus and Irvine
- Essay: Annual count of veterans on elite college campuses
- Quick Takes: Educators Donate Big to Obama, Obama-Biden Earmark Link, Race and Harvard's Police, Flaws in Peer Review, Legal Win for Berkeley, Stanford Limits Pharma Support, 'Stools for Schools' in Akron, Bush Announces Science Prizes
- Quick Takes: Anger at Irvine, Shift in B-School Admissions, Returning to Harvard, Immigrant Aid Dispute, Suit on Kentucky Trustees, Incentives for Washington's 2-Year Colleges, Assessing Graduate Education in China
- Quick Takes: Settlement Over Utah's College Savings Plan, Seattle U. Property Dispute
- Candace Thille moves to Stanford
The 32 American students announced Sunday as winners of Rhodes Scholarships included the first-ever winners from Ursinus College and the University of California at Irvine. Three winners each were named from Harvard and Stanford Universities and the University of Chicago.