American U. Adjuncts Vote to Unionize
- Tufts adjuncts vote to form union, begin metro effort
- Adjunct union contracts ensure real gains including better pay
- Union conference marks growth of adjunct organizing strategy
- Appeals Court Backs Adjunct Union
- Former American U. professor charges institution with age discrimination and lack of commitment to professional track
American University adjuncts have voted to unionize and to be represented by the Service Employees International Union. A memo from the university's provost, Scott A. Bass, said that the vote to unionize was 379 to 284. The memo said that the university would respect the vote, and would not file any appeals of the election. The SEIU Local 500 website includes statements from numerous adjuncts about why they wanted a union.