Swiss Universities Lose European Applicants
- Aversion to debt may limit effectiveness of new student loan system in Europe
- Researchers in Switzerland lose out due to country's vote on immigration
- Quick Takes: Higher Ed Price Index, Eastern Mich. Faulted on Murder, Assault by Coach Alleged, Gun Tragedy, No Overcharging Found on Grants, No SEC Charges Against Apollo, Lombardi May Move to LSU, Part-Timers' Raises, Transfer Policies, European Goals
- 'American Universities in a Global Market'
- Marek Kwiek: Knowledge Production in Central European Universities Revisited
Swiss universities are reporting declines in applications from students in other European countries, The Local reported. The Swiss franc is performing well against the Euro, and tuition is up at many Swiss universities, while some European countries do not charge tuition.