Deficit Leads to Layoffs at King's of Pennsylvania
- Quick Takes: Postdoc Poison, Cuts at Ashland, Racist Comments at Lehigh
- Quick Takes: Court Rejects Ark. Ex-Coach's Suit, Caltech Names President, Layoffs at Case Western, Delaware Drops Early Decision, Hack Attack at Sacred Heart, Debate Team Drug Use, Support for Free Speech in Pa.
- Dartmouth Drops 'No Loans'
- Investigation raises doubts about Southern U.'s financial crisis
- Quick Takes: California Supreme Court Takes Immigrant Tuition Case, Group Punishment for Athletes, Campus in Iraq, Utah State Hazing Charges, Police Kill Student, U. of California Considers Admitting More From Out of State, Layoffs at Bowling Green
King's College, in Pennsylvania, recently announced layoffs that will eliminate 11 full-time non-faculty positions, with the goal of eliminating a deficit, Citizen's Voice reported. Officials said that tuition discounting through financial aid exceeded what the college could afford, forcing the cuts. (This language corrects an earlier version.)