CC of San Francisco Seeks Extension
- Accreditor votes to shut down San Francisco's community college in 1 year
- Faculty unions file complaint on accreditor's handling of CCSF
- Accreditation crisis hits City College of San Francisco
- CCSF's woes help trigger a shared governance tussle in Calif.
- San Francisco community college's fight for survival may hinge on an appeal
City College of San Francisco is unlikely to be able to make necessary changes in time for a March deadline with its regional accreditor and will seek an extension, the San Francisco Chronicle reports. The college is working frantically to correct a raft of financial and administrative problems, which could lead to a loss of accreditation. While the college has made solid progress, according to a special trustee who was brought in to help deal with the crisis, much more work remains. He told the newspaper that labor unions and some trustees remain opposed to changes like salary cuts and location closures.