UNC Turns to Dartmouth for New Chapel Hill Chancellor
- U. of North Carolina panel weighs future of college sports
- UNC-Chapel Hill Chancellor Holden Thorp to become provost at Washington University in St. Louis
- UNC chancellor steps down after two years of athletics scandals
- College presidents, at any level, face sports challenges (essay)
- Lessons from the chancellor resignation at UNC-Chapel Hill: sports kills
The University of North Carolina board is expected today to name Carol Folt as the next chancellor of the flagship campus at Chapel Hill, The News & Observer of Raleigh reported. Folt is currently interim president of Dartmouth College, where she has served as provost. She will succeed Holden Thorp, who is becoming provost at Washington University in St. Louis. Thorp has been well respected as an academic leader at UNC, but is leaving the chancellorship after a series of scandals in athletics.