Protests Over Job Cuts at Russian University
- Quick Takes: Temporary U.S. Postsecondary Chief, Layoffs at Charles Drew, Gaza Protests in US and UK
- Quick Takes: Howard President Criticized, UK Cuts Visa Fees, Neo-Nazis Protest Mizzou, Contract Talks Ordered at Mich. Tech, Another Tragic Accident, Seminary Sued, Rescinded Invite, Rescinded Gift, Degree Shift in Russia, Always Check Your Math
- Quick Takes: Pitt Researcher Faulted in Cloning Research Scandal, Pentagon No Longer Feels Threatened by Santa Cruz, Maryland Toughens Policy on Student Rioting, No More 'Vagina Monologues' at Carlow, Double Dipping Examined at a Mass. Community College
- Taking Raises, and Taking Heat
- Quick Takes: Skipping Raises to Preserve Jobs, Censorship Alleged of 'Christian' Speech, Ayers Uninvited, Penalties for Abilene Christian, Principles for Dissemination, Failings of Health Coverage, Bogus Aid Requests, Help for Veterans, Facebook Fracas
Russian officials have pledged to investigate why there have been major layoffs at Moscow State University, RIA Novosti reported. The government has been pushing the university to raise employee salaries, but has not provided funds for the increased pay.