Charleston Basketball Coach Accused of Bullying
- Video shows Rutgers basketball coach assaulting players and using slurs
- 'B' Grades for Diversity in College Sports
- NCAA postseason bans for poor academic performance continue to rise, especially at HBCUs
- Shifting Ground on the Sidelines
- Quick Takes: Professor Sued Over Trade Secrets, Coach Bans Own Team From Locker Room
An investigation of Doug Wojcik, the men's basketball coach at the College of Charleston, found that he engaged in bullying behavior, berating players with obscenities and physical threats, The Post and Courier reported. The college has said it is studying the report amid calls for Wojcik's dismissal.
The coach gave this statement to the newspaper: "I'm sincerely remorseful and apologize to those I've hurt. I've already started making amends and working on correcting my actions. The college and I are grateful these concerns were brought to our attention, and every effort will be made to improve relations between myself and members of the men's basketball program."