In which a veteran of cultural studies seminars in the 1990s moves into academic administration and finds himself a married suburban father of two. Foucault, plus lawn care.
Random Glances of Exam Week
May 13, 2008 - 5:22am
- TG: "Why don't they have faces?"
- DD: "So they can look like anybody."
- TG: "But every people has faces!"
- Dartmouth professor sues her students. I've made several attempts to write about this, but they've all ended quickly in pounding headaches. Are we sure this isn't a prank?
- Tableau from today: Walking past a classroom, I saw a professor sitting at the front table. A single student was in the front row center desk - the classroom otherwise empty - repeatedly pounding his head on his desk. Some things never change.
- Overheard in the hallway: "New Kids on the Block are touring! My life is complete!" You can always tell exam week.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories
Victoria, BC, Canada
Los Angeles, CA
Elizabeth City, NC
San Diego, CA
About Pratt Institute Pratt Institute is a coeducational, private, professional college offering associate, bachelor and master's degree programs in...
UNT Dallas Mission Transforming the lives of students, families and communities by providing high quality, student-focused education to enable...