It's time for the 2011 ACPA Annual Convention. Get ready to "Be More in Baltimore." Starting on Saturday, thousands of student affairs practitioners will come together to share ideas, make connections, discuss the upcoming consolidation vote, and engage in massive amounts of professional networking.
The folks at ACPA have really ramped up their technology/communications efforts this year. Here's a rundown of this year's relevant techie bits:
- Follow @ACPA on Twitter for convention tweets. ACPA also has a Convention account: @ACPAconvention. I would recommend following both accounts. My hope is that the longer Convention account will quietly go away...besides, ACPA is only four characters, that leaves 136 for tweeting!
- Like ACPA on Facebook and connect with fellow ACPA members / convention-goers.
- Follow, engage with, and learn via the ACPA Backchannel on Twitter. The hashtag for the Convention is #ACPA11.
- Create your event itinerary using the super-convenient itinerary builder
- Access your itinerary and the rest of the event schedule on your mobile phone via the mobile-optimized ACPA Convention website.
- Attend the official #ACPA11 #SAchat tweetup on Sunday, March 27th at 9:00PM. The tentative location is currently the Pratt Street Ale House. Watch for final confirmation via the #ACPA11 / #SAchat hashtags.
I plan on attending many of the student affairs + technology (#SAtech) sessions as well as the numerous meetings on the proposed consolidation between NASPA and ACPA (#NASPACPA). See you in Baltimore!
Do you tweet? Let's connect. Follow me on Twitter.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories