A Checklist for Deciding to Read 'Super Sad True Love Story'
April 26, 2011 - 9:00pm
To determine if you should read Super Sad True Love Story: A Novel by Gary Shteyngart please check the following items:
- You are a fan of Ray Kurzweil, and are convinced that technology will be the driver to great advances in health, longevity, and really excellent multi-player video games.
- You have quoted William Gibson saying that "the future is already here — it's just not very evenly distributed" at least 3 times in a presentation, in class, or in print in the past two years.
- You have Physics of the Future: How Science Will Shape Human Destiny and Our Daily Lives by the Year 2100 by Michio Kaku on "to read list"
- You were born before the Carter presidency, yet you have a Wii, XBox 360, or PlayStation at home.
- You loved Absurdistan, The Yiddish Policemen's Union, The Road, The Handmaid's Tale, The Ask or The Rational Optimist.
- You work in higher education, technology, or some job where you find yourself interacting with people who would rather interact with their iPhone than with you.
If you check-off 4 of the 6 of this list, then please read "Super Sad True Love Story"
What are you reading?
Search for Jobs
North Dartmouth, MA
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Cedar Rapids, IA
Chestnut Hill, MA
Since its founding in 1867, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has earned a reputation as a world-class leader in research, teaching, and...
Located 25 miles west of Chicago, IL, Wheaton College, founded in 1860, is a four year private, residential, academically rigorous...