A Checklist for Deciding to Read 'Super Sad True Love Story'
April 26, 2011 - 9:00pm
To determine if you should read Super Sad True Love Story: A Novel by Gary Shteyngart please check the following items:
- You are a fan of Ray Kurzweil, and are convinced that technology will be the driver to great advances in health, longevity, and really excellent multi-player video games.
- You have quoted William Gibson saying that "the future is already here — it's just not very evenly distributed" at least 3 times in a presentation, in class, or in print in the past two years.
- You have Physics of the Future: How Science Will Shape Human Destiny and Our Daily Lives by the Year 2100 by Michio Kaku on "to read list"
- You were born before the Carter presidency, yet you have a Wii, XBox 360, or PlayStation at home.
- You loved Absurdistan, The Yiddish Policemen's Union, The Road, The Handmaid's Tale, The Ask or The Rational Optimist.
- You work in higher education, technology, or some job where you find yourself interacting with people who would rather interact with their iPhone than with you.
If you check-off 4 of the 6 of this list, then please read "Super Sad True Love Story"
What are you reading?
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories
St. Louis, MO
Williamsburg Technical College, a member of the South Carolina Technical College System, is a public, two-year, associate degree, diploma, and...
Northeastern , founded in 1898 and located in Boston, is a global university with a tradition of partnership and engagement that creates an...