A Checklist for Deciding to Read 'Super Sad True Love Story'
April 26, 2011 - 9:00pm
To determine if you should read Super Sad True Love Story: A Novel by Gary Shteyngart please check the following items:
- You are a fan of Ray Kurzweil, and are convinced that technology will be the driver to great advances in health, longevity, and really excellent multi-player video games.
- You have quoted William Gibson saying that "the future is already here — it's just not very evenly distributed" at least 3 times in a presentation, in class, or in print in the past two years.
- You have Physics of the Future: How Science Will Shape Human Destiny and Our Daily Lives by the Year 2100 by Michio Kaku on "to read list"
- You were born before the Carter presidency, yet you have a Wii, XBox 360, or PlayStation at home.
- You loved Absurdistan, The Yiddish Policemen's Union, The Road, The Handmaid's Tale, The Ask or The Rational Optimist.
- You work in higher education, technology, or some job where you find yourself interacting with people who would rather interact with their iPhone than with you.
If you check-off 4 of the 6 of this list, then please read "Super Sad True Love Story"
What are you reading?
Search for Jobs
South Lake Tahoe, CA
Mississippi State, MS
As a vital member of Washington's higher-education system, Clover Park Technical College offers forty programs in aerospace, advanced manufacturing,...
Kansas State University's beautiful limestone buildings and friendly campus are home to some of the nation's happiest students, according to the...