Adobe Connect Pro for Browser-Based Voice-Over Authoring?
December 6, 2010 - 9:15pm
- The ability to easily create and share voice-over presentations.
- Does not require any download or installation of an application (i.e. works through the browser).
- Students are increasingly also employees. They utilize company or institutional laptops to complete their online course work, and these laptops are often "locked-down" to the installation of new programs.
- Can Adobe's Connect Pro Web conferencing system double as a browser based rapid authoring tool?
Example of Recording:
- (42 seconds): http://bit.ly/example_connect_voiceover
- Connect Pro does not require the download or installation of an application, and therefore should be available for all learners to utilize the platform for rapid authoring of voice-over content.
- Connect Pro is already being utilized for synchronous meetings, therefore would eliminate the need to train and support on a new tool.
- Adobe offers both hosted and local Connect Pro accounts, and therefore allows easy experimentation.
- Recording creates a unique and persistent URL that can be easily shared or uploaded to the LMS.
- Flash file format for recording is compatible across browsers and platforms.
- Multiple geographically dispersed authors can simultaneously record voice-over presentation.
- Capture can include documents, users screens, as well as presenter video.
- Light editing tools are provided.
- Adobe Connect Pro not originally designed for this function.
- Limited information on recording levels and recording status during voice-over creation.
- Students must login to separate Adobe Connect Web front-end (and go through a number of clicks) to find the recording URL.
- No ability to preview the recording or grab the recording link from the Adobe Connect Meeting room.
- System does not generate an e-mail or other notification of voice-over recording.
- No "file-out" option to convert flash recording into mobile (iPhone, iPad, iPod) usable video format. Recording can only be viewed through the browser.
- No "file-out" option for editing or post-production of voice-over presentation.
- Slides are not indexed, so viewers cannot jump around in the presentation.
- User experience was not designed to consume voice-over presentation.
- Why hasn't Adobe evolved their Connect tool to fill the clear need for a simple, Web based rapid authoring?
- Are there any other options beyond Connect Pro for a Web based voice-over rapid authoring tool?
- Are any of you utilizing Adobe Connect Pro for student rapid authoring and sharing?
- Do you think Adobe Connect Pro is a good solution for these requirements?
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories
LAKE FOREST, IL
Fort. Lauderdale, FL
Known familiarly as “Sewanee” by its students, faculty, staff and friends, The University of the South offers an unmatched educational experience...
Zayed University seeks to prepare Emirati students for a meaningful and successful twenty-first century personal and professional life; to graduate...