September 3, 2011
What’s New at University of Venus - Week Ending 3 September 2011
UVenus Around the Web:
- UVenus at The Guardian (UK): Afshan Jafar with Job Hunting in Academia: All The World’s A Stage.
- UVenus posts from both Lee Skallerup Bessette and Janine Utell were featured on this month’s Teaching Carnival from ProfHacker in the Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Rosemary Feal: Executive Director of the MLA in She’s Got It! - a spin-off from UVenus featuring interviews with executive-level women in education.
What’s New With Our Writers:
- Lee Skallerup Bessette wrote about Women and Class in Mad Men over on Bitch Flicks and had a featured Views piece about the rise in “applied” graduate programs in Inside Higher Ed.
- Ernesto Priego wrote On Blogging and ‘Technoliterati’ over on Networked Researcher.
- Anamaria Dutceac Segesten presented a paper Collective Memory between Reconciliation and Contestation in Europe after 1989 at the 6th General Conference of the European Consortium for Political Research in Reykjavik, Iceland.
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Lee Skallerup Bessette is documenting her peer-driven classroom experience this semester. This week, she talks about having to adjust her expectations and using Project Runway to conceptualize group work versus collaboration. Also came to the realization that Teaching is Hard.
- Melonie Fullick provided a monthly round-up of Canadian and international higher education news, over at Speculative Diction blog.
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe’s special relationship with Masterpiece.
- Ernesto Priego performed his editorial duties at The Comics Grid, including composing the post contextualising the Grid’s banner for September. He also posted “A comics classroom without walls” on his HASTAC blog.
If You Are Not On Twitter, You Might Have Missed This:
Read more by
Opinions on Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Blog U
What Others Are Reading