What's New at University of Venus 13 August 2011
August 13, 2011 - 9:15pm
What’s New at University of Venus - Week Ending 13 August 2011
University of Venus Around the Web:
- University of Venus at The Guardian (UK), Mental Health on Campus: How One University is Addressing the Problem, by Deanna England.
- In Saturday Soundbites: 6RBI edition at NeurRealism, Leanne Doherty’s recent UVenus post on tenure gets a shout out.
- She’s Got It! - A spin-off from UVenus, debuts at Inside Higher Ed with an interview with Lynn Pasquerella, President of Mount Holoyoke.
What’s New With Our Writers:
- Anamaria Dutceac Segesten co-chaired a panel at the Nordic Political Science Congress (NOPSA) in Vaasa, Finland. The theme of the workshop was Religion and nationalism: meeting points, conflicts and challenges. The final version of Anamaria’s manuscript has been submitted to the publisher and her book, Myth, Identity, and Conflict: A Comparative Analysis of Romanian and Serbian Textbooks, is scheduled for release on September 16, 2011 and now available for preorder at Amazon. Congratulations!
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Lee Skallerup Bessette with Time For a Change: Integrating Peer-Driven Learning, In-Class Distractions Are Nothing New and Bad Female Academic: Not Interested in Passing at College Ready Writing.
- Mary Churchill with From Community Engagement to Public Impact at Old School, New School at The Chronicle of Higher Ed and with Michael Brown, The Double-Edged Sword of Academic Elitism at Old School, New School at The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Melonie Fullick and Ernesto Priego in “The Scholarly Web”, by John Elmes, Times Higher Education.
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe dances around an answer to, “What do you do?”
- Ernesto Priego Disturbios en Londres at Nexos; Narrando los Riots, at #SinLugar; and Father Robert Busa at The Guardian.
- Liana Silva talks about sports talk radio and the lack of female participation in that medium in her blog post at the sound studies blog Sounding Out! and Wanted: Someone to Write Fiction at Words Are My Game.
If You’re Not on Twitter, You Might Have Missed:
- She Got a Big Ego: Thoughts on Dating with a Doctorate at The Crunk Feminist Collective.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories
Victoria, BC, Canada
Los Angeles, CA
Elizabeth City, NC
San Diego, CA
Using science-based knowledge, University of Missouri Extension engages people to understand change, solve problems and make informed decisions. MU...
San Juan College is one of the fastest growing community colleges in the New Mexico and serves the community through academic, occupational and...