What's New at University of Venus 6 August 2011
August 6, 2011 - 5:15pm
What’s New at University of Venus - Week Ending 6 August 2011
University of Venus Around the Web:
- In Plagiarism Amongst Law Students?, the Institute for Feminist Legal Studies at Osgoode Hall Law School at York University in Toronto, Canada builds on Monica Miller’s UVenus post on plagiarism.
- Our friends and colleagues at ProfHacker have given us two shout-outs this week (big thanks!)
- Once a month, Billie Hara works with guest bloggers to pull together Teaching Carnival, a snapshot of teaching in higher ed. This month’s theme was bridging the gap and Leanne Doherty’s UVenus post on tenure was featured.
- Every weekend, Jason Jones gives us an extra-credit reading list filled with link love in Weekend Reading. This week, Ernesto Priego’s UVenus interview with Bethany Nowviskie was highlighted.
What’s New With Our Writers:
- Janni Aragon is live-tweeting from BlogHer11 (and we’re envious!).
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Janni Aragon with A Better Life for Latinos: Reports, Reality and Movies, Moms Clean Air Force: Air Quality Concerns, and Fri Fun Fact: Managing Social Media Time at Prof. Janni Aragon’s Blog.
- Lee Skallerup Bessette ponders issues of socio-economic class and gender in higher education, ponders who the academic elite really are, and then is left wondering, in light of recent adjunct tragedies, if words are enough.
- Melonie Fullick with The Month in Higher Ed: July 2011 at Speculative Diction.
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe has the Kitchen Blues and wants to be sure you see British philosopher Bertrand Russell’s Bollywood.
- Ernesto Priego with #SinLugar (Without a Place) & Global Voices at the HASTAC blog, México: El silencio del cómic [mexicano] at #SinLugar: Espacio ni de aquí ni de allá, “I’m a filter”: Joe Sacco at The Comics Grid, and Recuerdo de Sánchez Vázquez at Nexos en línea.
- Liana Silva with Life Happens (Or, My Commitment to Grad School) at Words Are My Game.
If You’re Not on Twitter, You Might Have Missed:
- Refusing Polite Conversation: Class and the Academy at Academic Editing Canada from @EditingCanada.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories
Victoria, BC, Canada
Los Angeles, CA
Elizabeth City, NC
San Diego, CA
Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC) is the largest community college in the City University of New York. It is also the only community...
Much has changed in our rich 100-plus-year history. We've added programs, and grown our campuses. But what hasn't changed is our commitment to...