August 6, 2011
What’s New at University of Venus - Week Ending 6 August 2011
University of Venus Around the Web:
- In Plagiarism Amongst Law Students?, the Institute for Feminist Legal Studies at Osgoode Hall Law School at York University in Toronto, Canada builds on Monica Miller’s UVenus post on plagiarism.
- Our friends and colleagues at ProfHacker have given us two shout-outs this week (big thanks!)
- Once a month, Billie Hara works with guest bloggers to pull together Teaching Carnival, a snapshot of teaching in higher ed. This month’s theme was bridging the gap and Leanne Doherty’s UVenus post on tenure was featured.
- Every weekend, Jason Jones gives us an extra-credit reading list filled with link love in Weekend Reading. This week, Ernesto Priego’s UVenus interview with Bethany Nowviskie was highlighted.
What’s New With Our Writers:
- Janni Aragon is live-tweeting from BlogHer11 (and we’re envious!).
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Janni Aragon with A Better Life for Latinos: Reports, Reality and Movies, Moms Clean Air Force: Air Quality Concerns, and Fri Fun Fact: Managing Social Media Time at Prof. Janni Aragon’s Blog.
- Lee Skallerup Bessette ponders issues of socio-economic class and gender in higher education, ponders who the academic elite really are, and then is left wondering, in light of recent adjunct tragedies, if words are enough.
- Melonie Fullick with The Month in Higher Ed: July 2011 at Speculative Diction.
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe has the Kitchen Blues and wants to be sure you see British philosopher Bertrand Russell’s Bollywood.
- Ernesto Priego with #SinLugar (Without a Place) & Global Voices at the HASTAC blog, México: El silencio del cómic [mexicano] at #SinLugar: Espacio ni de aquí ni de allá, “I’m a filter”: Joe Sacco at The Comics Grid, and Recuerdo de Sánchez Vázquez at Nexos en línea.
- Liana Silva with Life Happens (Or, My Commitment to Grad School) at Words Are My Game.
If You’re Not on Twitter, You Might Have Missed:
- Refusing Polite Conversation: Class and the Academy at Academic Editing Canada from @EditingCanada.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Opinions on Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Blog U
What Others Are Reading