What's New at University of Venus - Week Ending 1 October 2011
October 2, 2011 - 11:30am
UVenus Around the Web:
- Academics thinking locally: a scholar's role in widening participation Rosalie Arcala Hall with UVenus at The Guardian (UK).
- Assess what we’ve got, baby ready or not Mention of Melanie Booth’s UVenus post on assessment at the blog for CELT, the Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching at King’s College.
What’s New With Our Writers:
- Mary Churchill participated in Roxbury Open Studios with her husband and son. All three showed photos from their recent trip to Prague, Copenhagen, Lund, Prerov, and Katowice.
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Lee Skallerup Bessette reflects on how learning can sometimes look like wasting time, wonders how to motivate students, and reveals the perils of going paperless in the classroom. Last week’s #FYCchat was all about motivating students. Visit the archives and vote for next week’s chat topic.
- Mary Churchill and Michael Brown announce their book on higher education and wrap up a year of blogging in conversation at Old School, New School at The Chronicle - Credo, and a Move From Blog to Book.
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe recommends a night at the round table.
If You’re Not on Twitter, You Might Have Missed This:
- Dr. Davis at Teaching College English is having problems (again) with conference presenters asking her to take down her live blogging notes. Please offer her our support for her social media presence and her efforts to open up academia!
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories
Fort. Lauderdale, FL
LAKE FOREST, IL
Our 102-acre North Campus is conveniently located in the North Carolina Piedmont, just off Interstate Highway 85 in Rowan County, within an hour's...
Our Mission: Livingstone College is a private, historically black institution that is secured by a strong commitment to quality instruction. Through...