What's New at University of Venus - Week Ending 23 July 2011
July 24, 2011 - 7:15am
What’s New at University of Venus - Week Ending 23 July 2011
University of Venus Around the Web:
- We are excited to announce that Afshan Jafar, Ana Dinescu, Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe, and Lee Skallerup Bessette have joined the editorial collective at University of Venus! We are also thrilled to welcome Ernesto Priego, Janine Utell, Janni Aragon, Liana Silva, and Melonie Fullick as regular contributors. We will be updating biography pages at our site over the next couple of weeks.
- University of Venus was mentioned as a Higher Ed Blog to follow at Bellevue College Office of Student Legislative Affairs, Bellevue, Washington, US.
- Lee Skallerup Bessette’s post on The Mysteries of the Administrative Structure was featured on The Chronicle’s ProfHacker blog in a post by Jason B. Jones, “Three Midsummer Links on University Governance.”
- Ernesto Priego had an inspiring meeting with the Sojourneposse collective. They are the organisers of the London Design Festival’s “Whatever is to become of books?” seminar to be held at University College London in September. He also joined Open Access Week. By the way, Ernesto was cited by Melonie Fullick in her post on privilege, class, & the costs of academic professionalisation.
At Other Blogs:
- Lee Skallerup Bessette examines how Being Herself may make her a Bad Female Academic, but ultimately is the most rewarding and liberating thing she can do.
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe explains how Bollywood’s tigers bait Amy Chua.
- Ernesto Priego looked back at his interests in cyborgs, pop culture and gender.
- Liana Silva celebrated World Listening Day by featuring two blog posts: one on reading out loud and one on active listening.
- Janine Utell gave a quick how-to on the scholarship of teaching and learning at The Chronicle’s ProfHacker blog; and took a look at narrative technique in a comics adaptation of James Joyce’s Ulysses over at The Comics Grid.
Search for Jobs
Cedar Rapids, IA
Chestnut Hill, MA
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
North Dartmouth, MA
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University — with the Carnegie Foundation's highest designation, Doctoral/Research...
Alma College, a four-year residential liberal arts college located in the heart of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula, offers a personalized education with...