What's New at University of Venus - Week Ending 8 October 2011
October 8, 2011 - 9:45am
UVenus Around the Web:
- UVenus at The Guardian (UK): Heather Alderfer with Academic records: a registrar's guide to archiving, organising and going digital.
- Conferences: How Many, How Often?: At Hook and Eye, Erin Wunker gives a shout out to Itir Toksoz’s UVenus post.
What’s New With Our Writers:
- Janni Aragon was asked to serve as the Local Organizer for the 2013 Canadian Political Science Association meeting, which will be part of the Congress held at the University of Victoria. Janni also moderated a panel: “Canadian States of Mind: Local, Federal and Social Media.” It was billed as a Political Tweet Up and used the #PoliTUp tag, which trended locally during the talk.
- Janine Utell was at the Modernist Studies Association Conference in Buffalo, NY this week (from Oct. 6 to Oct. 9). She attended a seminar on “The Emotional Life of Modernism” and gave a paper called “The Ethics of Modernist Life Writing” as part of a panel on modernism and ethics (hashtag #msa13).
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Janni Aragon discussed Teachable Moments and reminds us about the importance of balance and breathing during the mid-term time of the term.
- Lee Skallerup Bessette gets a shout out at Prof Hacker’s Teaching Carnival 5.02.
- Melonie Fullick takes a look at proposed post-secondary education policies in the Ontario provincial election and provides a news round-up for September 2011, at Speculative Diction blog.
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe writes of princesses & passings.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories
LAKE FOREST, IL
Fort. Lauderdale, FL
Flathead Valley Community College (FVCC) is located in Northwest Montana and serves a region comprised of 5.6 million acres, an area greater than the...
Valencia College was named the top U.S. community college in the nation in 2011. The Aspen Institute awarded Valencia College the first annual Aspen...