What’s New at University of Venus - Week Ending 22 October 2011
October 23, 2011 - 7:38pm
UVenus Around the Web:
- Dr. Davis tried to decide whether she matches Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe’s definition of a dilettante or a Renaissance woman at Teaching College English.
- Catherine Schuler also wonders whether she is still an academic at her blog Rhetoricat (in response to Liana Silva’s August U Venus post, “How Do You Define an Academic?”)
- A nice shout out to Itir Toksoz and UVenus at Snapshots of the Middle East.
What’s New With Our Writers:
- Janni Aragon spoke at Rock for Reproductive Justice in Victoria, BC this week.
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe attended The Northwestern University Alumnae Board’s Annual Retreat.
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Lee Skallerup Bessette reflects on why (and how) she writes as much as she does, wonders how to achieve some sort of work-life balance when life keeps thwarting her, and is already planning how to improve her peer-driven class next semester.
- Melonie Fullick continues the debate about academic blogging, and writes about the difficulty of “measuring” learning and the problems with splitting off research from teaching, at Speculative Diction Blog.
- Liana Silva talks about how writing can sometimes be like a rollercoaster at Words Are My Game and reviews the season premiere of the new show Man Up! at The Script Lab.
- Lee Skallerup Bessette will be attending and presenting at the Canadian Women Writers Conference at Ryerson University in Toronto, Canada, including the pre-conference digital humanities mini-workshop.
- Ana Dinescu will be attending on October 24 a debate organized by the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy, Berlin on the recent “Occupy” protests and on Wednesday October 26 a discussion about the Arab spring, with former Reuters Middle East correspondent Johnny West, at Dialogue Books Berlin.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories
Los Angeles, CA
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Los Angeles, CA
The JCC Promise Jamestown Community College is committed to connecting you to your goals by providing challenging educational experiences in a caring...
The Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) has offered top quality care to patients in South Carolina and beyond since 1824. As the first...