The following terms and conditions govern the use of all content and functionality available through the Inside Higher Ed website at http://insidehighered.com, now and in the future. You are bound by these terms by using any of the functionality of the site. If You do not agree to these terms and conditions, You should not use the site. The term "You" as used herein refers to all individuals and/or entities accessing this site for any reason.
- Inside Higher Ed permits You to access and use all content and functionality on the insidehighered.com website - for your personal use only, or in the case of recruitment services, on behalf of Your institution for recruiting job applicants only. You may not re-distribute or otherwise use the content and/or functionality of this site with any commercial enterprise, or to provide services to others in any way, without prior written permission of Inside Higher Ed. See our FAQ for information on seeking permissions.
- You affirm that all information You provide Inside Higher Ed for the purpose of providing content and services to You will be accurate and complete. You also affirm that You will use Your Inside Higher Ed passwords and/or accounts for those activities for which they are intended only. Inside Higher Ed is not responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your passwords and accounts.
- Inside Higher Ed is committed to adhering to our Privacy Statement in the treatment of information submitted to us. Nevertheless, Inside Higher Ed does not and cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any information provided to us. While Inside Higher Ed is designed and operated at the highest security standards currently available, Inside Higher Ed does not control all networks and data transmissions required for Your use of the site. You should understand that use of the Inside Higher Ed site is at Your own risk. By using the site, You agree to the terms of our Privacy Statement. Inside Higher Ed reserves the right to change or update this Statement from time to time, for any reason, with or without notice. All changes will become effective immediately upon posting to the insidehighered.com website. By accepting these terms You agree not to hold Inside Higher Ed liable for any security breach that may take place.
- Inside Higher Ed makes no warranties regarding the accuracy of the content, its completeness, services, functionality, reliability, operability, or availability of information, material displayed, or security of the insidehighered.com website. You assume sole risk for making use of the content, services, functionality and security of the insidehighered.com website. By accepting these terms You agree not to hold Inside Higher Ed liable for any harm that may arise from Your use of the site content or functionality. Inside Higher Ed disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from downloading or accessing any information or material on the site. In addition, You indemnify Inside Higher Ed against any third-party claim that arises as a result of Your use of the content, services, functionality or security of the insidehighered.com website.
- Inside Higher Ed posts many kinds of content to the site; however Inside Higher Ed accepts no responsibility for unsolicited material submitted to us and will not necessarily acknowledge or return unsolicited manuscripts or documents. Please see our FAQ for information on submitting content or ideas. Our bloggers and other freelance contributors are independent and their views and the views of those who comment on their blogs do not necessarily reflect the views of Inside Higher Ed, or of its staff. Inside Higher Ed also contains links to sites operated by entities other than Inside Higher Ed. Inside Higher Ed assumes absolutely no responsibility for the content or functionality of third-party sites to which we may link.
Terms and conditions related to use of our recruitment services:
- The site is for posting bona fide job openings at accredited institutions of higher education and other legitimate employers. The content of a job listing or any other employer-supplied information is the responsibility of the submitting party, not of Inside Higher Ed.
- Only the posting of a listing (or other information submitted by an employer) constitutes our acceptance of the listing for publication. We offer no remedies for failure to post a job listing or other information submitted by an employer, except the option to post the listing. Inside Higher Ed shall not be liable to the advertiser for any technical malfunction, computer error or loss of data or other injury, damage or disruption to advertisements or websites or the service.
- There will be a $50.00 charge for any check not honored by our bank. Inside Higher Ed reserves the right to withhold further advertising pending receipt of replacement funds.
- Prepaid posting contracts must be paid in full by the payment date on your invoice. If Inside Higher Ed has not received payment by the payment date, we reserve the right to suspend unlimited posting privileges and other contract holder benefits.
- Inside Higher Ed reserves the right to reject any advertisement for any reason. Advertisers will be notified when this occurs.
- All single job postings must be prepaid with a credit card at the time of posting except where a specific contract is in place. In the case where an employer has an unlimited recruiting contract with Inside Higher Ed, that contract supercedes our prepayment requirement. Inside Higher Ed's posting of a single job listing does not imply a contract with an employer.
- Inside Higher Ed reserves the right to pursue all of its legal remedies, including but not limited to deletion of your postings from the Inside Higher Ed website and immediate termination of your registration with or ability to access the Inside Higher Ed website and/or any other service provided to you by Inside Higher Ed, upon any breach by you of these terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions related to the placement of display advertising (on the site and in our e-mail products):
- Inside Higher Ed reserves the right to reject any advertisement for any reason. Advertisers will be notified when this occurs.
- The advertiser assumes liability for all content (including text representation, illustrations, updates and links to other internet content) of advertisements published and also assumes responsibility for any claims arising from there made against Inside Higher Ed, including all costs associated with defending any such claim.
- All advertising copy that may be mistaken by a reader as news, feature or other non-advertising materials must be clearly marked "Advertisement."
- On advertising where credit is allowed by Inside Higher Ed, monthly accounts are due within 30 days from the invoice date. If any credit card transaction is not approved for any reason, such account shall be deemed delinquent. When any part of an account for advertising becomes delinquent, then the entire amount owed shall become due and payable, and Inside Higher Ed may refuse to publish any advertising.
- First time advertisers are required to pay in advance for their first insertion. Political advertising must be prepaid and identified as paid for by the authorizing political campaign organization.
- Inside Higher Ed reserves the right to charge a short rate fee to any advertiser who cancels a contract that included discounts without fulfilling the contract. Upon customer cancellation of a signed contract, a short rate charge will be assessed and invoiced. This charge is not a penalty; it is equal to the amount of any discount that was included and that no longer applies because the contract was not completed.
- There will be a $50.00 charge for any check not honored by the bank. Inside Higher Ed reserves the right to withhold further advertising pending receipt of replacement funds.
- Cancellations for advertising in any e-mail product (Daily News Update, Weekly News Update, monthly newsletters) must be received in writing at least 30 days in advance of material due date. Cancellations for run-of-site banner advertising must be received in writing at least 14 days in advance of material due date.
- All rates are subject to change; however once a contract is signed, the rates on the contract will be honored for all advertising included on the contract.
- This statement of terms and conditions covers all content, functionality and services offered by Inside Higher Ed and only content, services and functionality offered by Inside Higher Ed - holders of Interfolio portfolio accounts are subject to Interfolio's statement of terms of conditions.
- The contents of the Inside Higher Ed website, such as text, graphics, images, logos, button icons, software and other website content, are protected under both United States and foreign copyright, trademark and other laws. All website content is the property of Inside Higher Ed or its content suppliers or clients.
- You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Inside Higher Ed website, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account which the user is not authorized to access, (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization, (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, or (d) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
- Inside Higher Ed does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of communications posted by users or endorse any opinions expressed by users. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other users will be at your own risk. Inside Higher Ed acts as a passive conduit for the online distribution and publication of user-submitted information and has no obligation to screen communications or information in advance and is not responsible for screening or monitoring material posted by users.
- By submitting content to any public or non-public area of the Inside Higher Ed website, including message boards, forums, contests and chat rooms, You grant Inside Higher Ed and its affiliates the loyalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licenseable (through multiple tiers), non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, communicate to the public, perform and display the content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. You also warrant that the holder of any rights, including moral rights in such content, has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to You the right to grant the license stated above. For those Contributors to Inside Higher Ed operating under specific contracts, the terms of the specific contract supercede these Terms and Conditions.
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time, for any reason, and without notice by revising this page. Please review these Terms of Service from time to time so that You will be apprised of any changes. By continuing to use the site, You are accepting the terms and conditions as they appear on this page.
- INSIDE HIGHER ED DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE INSIDE HIGHER ED WEBSITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SITE AND ITS SERVER ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE INSIDE HIGHER ED WEBSITE OR THE WEBSITE CONTENT RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, INSIDE HIGHER ED IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS. INSIDE HIGHER ED WEBSITE AND WEBSITE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. INSIDE HIGHER ED, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. INSIDE HIGHER ED MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE WEBSITE CONTENT, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL INSIDE HIGHER ED, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON ANY INSIDE HIGHER ED WEBSITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE INSIDE HIGHER ED WEBSITE AND THE WEBSITE CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT INSIDE HIGHER ED IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Inside Higher Ed reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pursue all of its legal remedies, including but not limited to deletion of your postings from the Inside Higher Ed website and immediate termination of Your registration with or ability to access the Inside Higher Ed website and/or any other service provided to You by Inside Higher Ed, upon any breach by You of these Terms and Conditions.
Search for Jobs