Terms and Conditions - Display Advertising
Terms and conditions related to placing advertising on our website and in our email products:
- Inside Higher Ed reserves the right to reject any advertisement for any reason. Advertisers will be notified when this occurs.
- The advertiser assumes liability for all content (including text representation, illustrations, updates and links to other internet content) of advertisements published and also assumes responsibility for any claims arising from there made against Inside Higher Ed, including all costs associated with defending any such claim.
- All advertising copy that may be mistaken by a reader as news, feature or other non-advertising materials must be clearly marked "Advertisement."
- On advertising where credit is allowed by Inside Higher Ed, monthly accounts are due within 30 days from the invoice date. If any credit card transaction is not approved for any reason, such account shall be deemed delinquent. When any part of an account for advertising becomes delinquent, then the entire amount owed shall become due and payable, and Inside Higher Ed may refuse to publish any advertising.
- First time advertisers are required to pay in advance for their first insertion. Political advertising must be prepaid and identified as paid for by the authorizing political campaign organization.
- Inside Higher Ed reserves the right to charge a short rate fee to any advertiser who cancels a contract that included discounts without fulfilling the contract. Upon customer cancellation of a signed contract, a short rate charge will be assessed and invoiced. This charge is not a penalty; it is equal to the amount of any discount that was included and that no longer applies because the contract was not completed.
- There will be a $50.00 charge for any check not honored by the bank. Inside Higher Ed reserves the right to withhold further advertising pending receipt of replacement funds.
- Cancellations for advertising in any email product (Daily News Update, Weekly News Update, monthly newsletters) must be received in writing at least 30 days in advance of material due date. Cancellations for run-of-site banner advertising must be received in writing at least 14 days in advance of material due date.
- All rates are subject to change; however once a contract is signed, the rates on the contract will be honored for all advertising included on the contract.