- Tears for a For-Profit College's Demise
- Court Win for a Rule Breaker
- Bates College administrators squash popular Halloween-time party
- Newly Tenured ... at Holy Cross, Ithaca College, La Salle U., U. of Findlay
- Ethos Matters
- Quick Takes: $2.25 Million Judgment for Fired Coach, Flags vs. History, Loyola New Orleans Sues Insurer, NCAA Rule Breaking at Northern Illinois, MTV Buys College Paper Network, 'Gay Point Averages'
- This Should Be Bigger News
- Firing of sexual assault activist and Swarthmore R.A. raises questions about mandatory reporting
Quick Takes: Harassment, Ethics and Racial Preferences
March 14, 2005
- The former chancellor of the University of New Orleans used more than $45,000 in state funds to help pay for the weddings of two daughters, according to the New Orleans Times-Picayune . The newspaper reported that the Louisiana Board of Ethics and Gregory M. St. L. O'Brien, who is now president of the Argosy University Group, had negotiated a settlement to end a state inquiry into the matter, and that the settlement imposed no fines on O'Brien.
- Bryn Mawr, Haverford and Swarthmore Colleges have decided to open a summer program for incoming minority students to all first-year students in response to a legal threat from the Center for Equal Opportunity, reported The Phoenix, the student newspaper at Swarthmore. Officials at the colleges said the chance was needed to bring the Summer Tri-Co Institute into compliance with the "letter of the law" in the wake of the U.S. Supreme Court's 2003 decision involving admissions practices at the University of Michigan.
Search for Jobs
Staten Island, NY
Fort Worth, TX
Smarthinking based in Washington, DC, provides people, technology and training to help institutions offer their students outstanding academic support...
Fast Facts Location: Lexington, Ky. Founded: 1865 Endowment: $957.8 million Budget: $2.7 billion Research Expenditures: $271.9 million Library...