- Nationwide Meningitis Vaccine Shortage
- Quick Takes: Record for Women at Academy, Boycott Backlash, Sprinklers, Lonely Frosh, Lay President, Aid Fraud, Big East-ACC Deal
- Quick Takes: Pinter Wins Nobel in Literature, Student Debt Worries Presidents, Company Barred From Stealing SAT, Ga. Tech Freshman Confesses to Bombing, Meningitis Death in Texas, U. of Washington Halts Research Study
- Quick Takes: Progressive Plan for Education Reform, Tentative Settlement for Pa. Coaches, Meningitis Caused Missouri Player's Death, Controversy at Buffalo Over Nixed Exhibit, Thought-Provoking Candy at Boise State, Accused Researcher Resigns in Texas
- Quick Takes: Frosh Vaccinations Urged, Anti-Gay Fliers at Southern Oregon, Animal Research at Reno, Accidental Admissions at Cal Poly Pomona, Ouster at Quincy
Quick Takes: Vaccinations, Rapprochement
March 18, 2005
- Louisiana College's Board of Trustees voted Tuesday to reverse a controversial policy for approving textbooks that had led the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to put the Baptist institution on probation in December. Trustees said the change was an effort to satisfy the accrediting association and to reach out to faculty members, who have warred with the board over that policy, the selection of a new president, and their perception that they've been shut out of campus decision making.
- About 2.1 million students earned career related credentials in undergraduate higher education in 2000-1, up from 1.6 million in 1984-5, according to an Education Department report released Thursday. The report examined increases in career-related certificate, associate and bachelor's degrees, and found that growth rates were not consistent among fields.
Search for Jobs
San Marcos, CA
Founded in 1871, Elmhurst is a private, four-year college affiliated with the United Church of Christ . The curriculum combines liberal learning and...
Mission and Goals Westchester Community College is more than just the county’s largest educational institution. It is a living, breathing part of...