- New 'mindset list' helps academics understand the freshmen
- What Your Frosh Know (and Don't)
- Beloit releases annual 'mindset list'
- Beloit releases annual 'mindset' list -- and two professors try to kill it
- The Beloit College 'Mindset' List
- Beloit releases annual "mind-set list" on what freshmen know and don't know
- Ready to Feel Old?
- What Your Freshmen Don't Know
The Mindset of Freshmen
Beloit's latest list explains a class for whom voice mail has always been a reality.
August 24, 2005
Beloit College tries to help academics each fall with a "mindset list" to explain the perspectives of the new class of freshmen.
This year's list noting that most freshmen were born in 1987, explains that, for them:
- Liberace, Jackie Gleason, and Lee Marvin have always been dead.
- Heart-lung transplants have always been possible.
- Wayne Gretzky never played for Edmonton.
- Iran and Iraq have never been at war with each other.
- Voice mail has always been available.
- Bill Gates has always been worth at least a billion dollars.
- They do not remember "a kinder and gentler nation."
- They never saw the shuttle Challenger fly.
- They never saw a Howard Johnson’s with 28 ice cream flavors.
Search for Jobs
Chestnut Hill, MA
North Dartmouth, MA
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Cedar Rapids, IA
The College of New Jersey (TCNJ) is a highly selective institution that has earned national recognition for its commitment to excellence. Founded in...
Forward thinking. World ready. FHSU is the leading forward-thinking, entrepreneurial university of the Midwest. We have an enrollment of more than 13...