- Apples and Oranges on Student Loans
- Congressional study explores costs of and possible changes to Pell program
- Quick Takes: Ex-Athletes Charged in Murder, Cuts at Capital, University Relents on NYT, Reprieve at Massasoit, LeMoyne-Owen Trustees Quit, N.D. Chancellor Resigns, Research vs. Profits, N.J. Budget Stalemate, Conflict of Interest at Stanford?
- Quick Takes: Affirmative Action Fight in Colo., Gay Couple Sues Hawaii, Mich. Settles Stadium Suit, Tax-Free Texts, Columbia Adds Aid, Hopkins President to Retire, Candidates Back Earmark Ban, Politicking on Loans, Beijing U. Wants to Ban Online Gossip
- Quick Takes: New Charges Against Churchill, Court Victory for Southern Miss., Tuition Outrage in Colo., Stench Fear at Crowder, NCAA Alters Ga. Penalties, Edward Waters Settlement
Quick Takes: Tech Transfer, Data on Online Courses, NCAA Punishes Ga. Tech, Wristbands Are In and Bush Is Not, Improving Job Market, Rules for N.J. Trustees, Hawaii Faculty Opposes Navy Research, CBO Report on Loans, Professors of the Year
November 18, 2005
payments to lenders in the [guaranteed loan] program and the government’s collection of interest in the direct loan program at a rate that is higher than the discount rate used in the subsidy calculation." It adds: "A third, lesser factor is the difference in how much of the recoveries on defaulted loans the government retains in the two programs. Finally, a small portion can be ascribed to the fact that the subsidy calculations for the two programs treat administrative costs
Search for Jobs
Grand Forks, ND
Coeur d'Alene, ID
Welcome to the Profile of the "Jewel" of the University System of Georgia, Valdosta State University. Our mission as a Regional University is to...
Horry Georgetown Technical College (HGTC) is a comprehensive two-year community/technical college ideally situated on the beautiful South Carolina...