- Quick Takes: Duke President Apologizes, Harassment Case Divides Northeastern Ill., Study Abroad Economics, Michigan State in Dubai, Hawaii Moves Ahead With Lab, Racism or Playing Race Card?
- Comparing universities' sports subsidies to library spending (essay)
- New federal budget in Australia lets universities raise fees and pulls back on loans
- Another Round at Rutgers
- A Tangled Tale in Tbilisi
- Report urges trustees to get more (positively) involved in athletics
- Competition = Savings in the Loan Programs
- Documents shed light on details of Georgia Tech-Udacity deal
Quick Takes: Tech Transfer, Data on Online Courses, NCAA Punishes Ga. Tech, Wristbands Are In and Bush Is Not, Improving Job Market, Rules for N.J. Trustees, Hawaii Faculty Opposes Navy Research, CBO Report on Loans, Professors of the Year
November 18, 2005
payments to lenders in the [guaranteed loan] program and the government’s collection of interest in the direct loan program at a rate that is higher than the discount rate used in the subsidy calculation." It adds: "A third, lesser factor is the difference in how much of the recoveries on defaulted loans the government retains in the two programs. Finally, a small portion can be ascribed to the fact that the subsidy calculations for the two programs treat administrative costs
Search for Jobs
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
North Dartmouth, MA
Cedar Rapids, IA
Chestnut Hill, MA
Kaplan University offers a different school of thought for higher education. It strives to help adult students unlock their talent by providing a...
Why work at UOW Choosing a career at the University of Wollongong (UOW) is full of possibilities and will put you in the forefront of learning,...