- Little Change for Upward Bound
- Quick Takes: Adjunct Dismissal Questioned, Indiana Buyouts, Temple U. Suspends 4 for Possible Anti-Semitic Attack, Obama on Books, Honor for Ex-Internees, Brown Adds Aid, Win for Upward Bound, Apps Up in New Orleans, 'Unplugged' Frost, Pay to Play in NJ?
- Quick Takes: Democratic Senators Rally Around Upward Bound, Excelsior Wins Suit Against Test-Prep Company, Multiple Principal Investigators, Ruling Helps Xavier's Katrina Claims, Dartmouth Rally Condemns 'Review' Cover, Grawemeyer in Religion
- No Children Left Behind -- Unless They're Poor
- Quick Takes: 'Profound Alarm' About Attacks on Iraqi Academics, U. of California's Online High School, TRIO Plan Draws Fire, U.S. Finding of Research Misconduct
Quick Takes: Shift Proposed for Upward Bound, Federal Inquiry at Yale, Rules on New Grant Programs, More Surveillance of Student Groups
July 5, 2006
indicate that e-mails sent by various student groups -- including those opposed to the war in Iraq and those who oppose the military's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy -- were intercepted and monitored by the government. The reports do not indicate any terrorist activity by the monitored students. In December, a Pentagon spokesman told Inside Higher Ed that "there are intelligence analysts out there who make judgments based upon years of experience on whether or not they proceed with a threat as verified or non-verified" in response to investigations of 400-page Department of Defense document obtained by NBC News.
Search for Jobs
San Jose, CA
Silver Spring, MD
As one of the nation's most selective private liberal arts colleges, CMC sits among the intellectually-stimulating, socially-fulfilling, seven-...
The Stella and Charles Guttman Community College at CUNY is an urban public institution that offers associate degree programs in an environment that...