- Homeland Security Monitored Students
- Quick Takes: 'Profound Alarm' About Attacks on Iraqi Academics, U. of California's Online High School, TRIO Plan Draws Fire, U.S. Finding of Research Misconduct
- Little Change for Upward Bound
- Policy brief calls for overhauling GEAR UP, TRIO Programs
- Quick Takes: Adjunct Dismissal Questioned, Indiana Buyouts, Temple U. Suspends 4 for Possible Anti-Semitic Attack, Obama on Books, Honor for Ex-Internees, Brown Adds Aid, Win for Upward Bound, Apps Up in New Orleans, 'Unplugged' Frost, Pay to Play in NJ?
- No Children Left Behind -- Unless They're Poor
- Evidence of Pentagon Surveillance
- Federal program for minority graduate students faces loss of funding
Quick Takes: Shift Proposed for Upward Bound, Federal Inquiry at Yale, Rules on New Grant Programs, More Surveillance of Student Groups
July 5, 2006
indicate that e-mails sent by various student groups -- including those opposed to the war in Iraq and those who oppose the military's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy -- were intercepted and monitored by the government. The reports do not indicate any terrorist activity by the monitored students. In December, a Pentagon spokesman told Inside Higher Ed that "there are intelligence analysts out there who make judgments based upon years of experience on whether or not they proceed with a threat as verified or non-verified" in response to investigations of 400-page Department of Defense document obtained by NBC News.
Search for Jobs
Staten Island, NY
Fort Worth, TX
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About UMHB The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor was chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas. Location Belton is located in the heart of Central...
Linfield College, a private, comprehensive, undergraduate institution located in the Pacific Northwest, connects the traditional liberal arts with a...