- AmeriCorps, 20 years old, a limited success
- Senate spending plan for college programs sets up likely budget fights
- The Final Stimulus Bill
- Help From the House
- Familiar Sounding Budget Cuts
- Appropriations as an Afterthought
- The Senate Sheds Education Aid
- Quick Takes: Gender Gap in Tenure at MIT, 'Obsession' and Free Speech, Obama's National Service Plan, Academics for Ron Paul, RIT in Dubai, $200M for U.S.-Canadian Telescope Project, University's Crime Report Upheld, Grawemeyer for Education
Quick Takes: House Panel Adopts AmeriCorps Bill, Transformative vs. Incremental Research, Another Report Blasts Teacher Ed, 'Differential Tuition' Comes to Florida, Boost for English Universities, Friday Classes and Thursday Drinking
June 28, 2007
- The British government announced Wednesday that it would match up to 200 million British pounds (nearly $400 million) for donations English universities bring in between August 2008 and September 2011, The Guardian reported. The plan is part of a government effort to bolster private fund raising at the universities, which in recent years have tried to adopt American-style development efforts, but which are far behind their counterparts in the United States in these areas.
- In recent years, one strategy discussed to combat excessive drinking by students on Thursday nights has been to increase the number of classes that meet on Fridays, particularly in the morning. New research from psychology professors at the University of Missouri at Columbia backs the strategy. The researchers tracked the drinking habits of 3,341undergraduates and found that students who don't take classes Friday consume twice as much alcohol on Thursday as those with early Friday classes.
Search for Jobs
Chestnut Hill, MA
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
North Dartmouth, MA
Cedar Rapids, IA
Metropolitan State University of Denver provides students with a transformative academic experience and serves the community as a courageous change...
The South Metropolitan Education Consortium is organized to foster new and enhanced educational services and programs to citizens, businesses and...