- AmeriCorps, 20 years old, a limited success
- Familiar Sounding Budget Cuts
- The Final Stimulus Bill
- Help From the House
- Quick Takes: Gender Gap in Tenure at MIT, 'Obsession' and Free Speech, Obama's National Service Plan, Academics for Ron Paul, RIT in Dubai, $200M for U.S.-Canadian Telescope Project, University's Crime Report Upheld, Grawemeyer for Education
Quick Takes: House Panel Adopts AmeriCorps Bill, Transformative vs. Incremental Research, Another Report Blasts Teacher Ed, 'Differential Tuition' Comes to Florida, Boost for English Universities, Friday Classes and Thursday Drinking
June 28, 2007
- The British government announced Wednesday that it would match up to 200 million British pounds (nearly $400 million) for donations English universities bring in between August 2008 and September 2011, The Guardian reported. The plan is part of a government effort to bolster private fund raising at the universities, which in recent years have tried to adopt American-style development efforts, but which are far behind their counterparts in the United States in these areas.
- In recent years, one strategy discussed to combat excessive drinking by students on Thursday nights has been to increase the number of classes that meet on Fridays, particularly in the morning. New research from psychology professors at the University of Missouri at Columbia backs the strategy. The researchers tracked the drinking habits of 3,341undergraduates and found that students who don't take classes Friday consume twice as much alcohol on Thursday as those with early Friday classes.
Search for Jobs
St. Louis, MO
Highland Heights, KY
Denmark Technical College is a public, comprehensive, Historically Black, two-year technical college located in rural Bamberg County. The College...
Mount Wachusett Community College is an accredited, public two-year institution serving 29 cities and towns in North Central Massachusetts. The 269-...