- Black Eye of Nepotism
- Quick Takes: Bombing at University in Baghdad, Senate Backs Earmark Disclosure, Tenure Win for Prof in New Mexico Highlands Dispute, Nevada Chancellor Rescinds Resignation, Report on Gallaudet Confrontations
- A Katrina-Like Outpouring for the Mideast?
- A Costly Muhammad Cartoon
- Essay argues that English professors can be entrepreneurs
Quick Takes: Young Americans and Libraries, Probe of Disputed Degree, Squatter's Rights at Toronto, Concerns About Minority Underrepresentation in Law Schools, Parody of MLA Convention Guide
December 31, 2007
- Andy Warren and Aaron Winter, two graduate students at the University of California at Irvine, decided to have a little fun at the annual meeting of the Modern Language Association, so they prepared a parody of the convention guide and left hundreds of copies at various places around the meeting. They've posted the guide online. Our favorite parts include their replacement of the MLA rules on smoking with rules on smirking, the replacement of the MLA's directory of who is staying where with the far more important "Who's Important" directory, and the substitution for the hotel map with a guide to graduate students' brains.
Search for Jobs
The Southwestern Community College District, located south of San Diego and extending to the U.S.—Mexico border, is one of 72 community college...
The Associated Colleges of the Midwest (ACM) is a consortium of academically excellent, independent liberal arts colleges located in Illinois, Iowa,...