- Belmont and Baptists Shift Relationship
- MLA Meeting That 'Never Was Nor Will Be'
- Quick Takes: FEMA Head's Faculty Job Doubted, Colorado Clarifies Churchill Probe, Black Enrollment Drop at U. of Ky., BU Bars Company, Lawrence Athlete Drowns in Practice, Young Innovators
- Black Eye of Nepotism
- Newly Tenured ... at California Lutheran, Campbellsville, Middlebury, Northland
Quick Takes: Young Americans and Libraries, Probe of Disputed Degree, Squatter's Rights at Toronto, Concerns About Minority Underrepresentation in Law Schools, Parody of MLA Convention Guide
December 31, 2007
- Andy Warren and Aaron Winter, two graduate students at the University of California at Irvine, decided to have a little fun at the annual meeting of the Modern Language Association, so they prepared a parody of the convention guide and left hundreds of copies at various places around the meeting. They've posted the guide online. Our favorite parts include their replacement of the MLA rules on smoking with rules on smirking, the replacement of the MLA's directory of who is staying where with the far more important "Who's Important" directory, and the substitution for the hotel map with a guide to graduate students' brains.
Search for Jobs
Orange City, IA
Palos Hills, IL
Virginia Beach, VA
A Rich Heritage Since its establishment in 1846, Iowa has prided itself as a state in which education is seen as the key to the prosperity, vitality...
Yale has matured into one of the world’s great universities. Its 11,000 students come from all fifty American states and from 108 countries. The 3,...