- Quick Takes: 3 Delaware State Students Shot, Coach vs. Admissions, B-School Accreditation Plan, Settlement of Battery Charge, More Women at Caltech, Dispute on Possible Sale of Art, St. Ambrose Drops Name of Bishop From Library, Building Boom in Mass.
- Quick Takes: How Attitudes Derail Math, College Funds Found to Have Been Misused, Mergers in Georgia, Why a Provost Left After 7 Weeks, Threats Shut Middle Tennessee, Turkey Turmoil at Harvard B-School
- Faculty panel throws roadblock at plan for 'self-sufficiency' in UCLA b-school
- Are B-Schools Up or Down?
- B-Schools Take on Essay Consultants
Quick Takes: U.S. Proposes Fee Hike for Foreign Students, Calif. Students Protest Budget Cuts, Clarence Thomas Invite Roils UGA, $60 Million for Undergraduate Science, B-School Turnover, Terrorism Charges Dropped Against Buffalo Professor, Yale Art Furor
April 22, 2008
- Business school deans appear to be turning over at faster rates, with nearly a quarter of deans on the job just a year or less, The Wall Street Journal reported. The trend is making competition tougher when hiring deans, the Journal said.
- A federal judge on Monday dismissed terrorism-related charges against a State University of New York at Buffalo professor who had been accused of illegally obtaining biological materials for an art exhibit to protest federal food policies, the Buffalo News reported. The judge found "insufficient on its face" an indictment for mail and wire fraud brought in 2004 against Steven J. Kurtz.
- Yale University says that Aliza Shvarts, a senior, has assured officials that she did not really inseminate herself and induce miscarriages for her senior project, slated to go on display. Shvarts continues to imply otherwise. The university has upped the ante by saying that it will not permit her to display her work unless she signs an "unambiguous written statement that her installation is a work of fiction." A statement from the university also indicated that an instructor and an adviser failed in their jobs overseeing the work and questioning it, and that "appropriate action" has been taken.
Search for Jobs
Fort. Lauderdale, FL
LAKE FOREST, IL
Southeast Arkansas College provides quality education and workforce development to meet the needs of our service area. These educational programs and...
Located in the heart of central New York, Utica College is a private, independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1946. The College offers many...