- The Impact of Dropping the SAT
- At Two-Year Colleges, a Year of Language
- Rating the TIAA-CREF Returns
- Big Boost for 50 Early Career Scientists
- Rescinded Invitation Debated at Tufts
- GAO Examines Limited Use of Student Grant Programs
- No More 'One and Dones'
- IRS Loses (Again) on Taxes for Medical Residents
How to View the Market
Brett Hammond, chief investment strategy at TIAA-CREF, is visiting a lot of campuses these days, trying to answer the questions of worried academics about how the sharp declines on Wall Street are likely to affect their accounts and retirement plans. For those whose campuses he hasn't visited, he answered questions in this podcast interview, covering such topics as: why the economy is in such bad shape, how academics' investment strategies differ from those of non-academics, and how different groups of academics (those approaching retirement, those starting off, and adjuncts) may want to think about their personal strategies.
Click here to find out more or listen to the podcast.
Search for Jobs