The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers:
- Barnard College: Meryl Streep, the actress.
- Case Western Reserve University: Katie Couric, anchor of the "CBS Evening News."
- Hudson County Community College, in New Jersey: Rev. Jesse L. Jackson Sr.
- Emory University: Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger of California.
- LaGrange College: Jim Leach, chairman of the National Endowment for the Humanities.
- Occidental College: David Brooks, columnist for The New York Times.
- Sarah Lawrence College: Julianna Margulies, the actress.
- Smith College: Rachel Maddow, host of "The Rachel Maddow Show"
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute: Curt Schilling, retired Boston Red Sox pitcher.