The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers:
- Alma College: Diego del Corral, an international education leader in Ecuador.
- Loyola University New Orleans: Drew Brees, quarterback of the New Orleans Saints.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology: Ray Stata, chairman and co-founder of Analog Devices Inc.
- Meredith College: Gretchen Holt Witt, founder of Cookies for Kids Cancer, a foundation that raises funds for pediatric cancer.
- Messiah College: Phil Thuma, director of the Malaria Institute, in Zambia, and faculty member at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and the Johns Hopkins Center for Global Health.
- Saint Michael's College, in Vermont: Amartya Sen, Thomas W. Lamont University Professor, and professor of economics and philosophy at Harvard University.