Commencement Speakers Announced: Central CC, Central Pennsylvania, C.W. Post, Elizabeth City State, Loyola, Mansfield, Nova Southeastern, Roanoke, Simon's Rock, U. of the Arts, Washington State, Willamette
April 28, 2010
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers:
- Central Community College, in Nebraska: Rod Risley, executive director of Phi Theta Kappa.
- Central Pennsylvania College: Dorothy Kronemer, a senior negotiations executive with IBM.
- C.W. Post Campus of Long Island University: Charles Osgood, newscaster for CBS.
- Elizabeth City State University: U.S. Rep. Chaka Fattah.
- Loyola University Maryland: Harry K. Thomas Jr., U.S. ambassador to the Philippines.
- Mansfield University: Stuart Weiss, president and owner of Studio City.
- Nova Southeastern University: Romeo A. Dallaire, a Canadian officer who served as commander of a United Nations peace-keeping force in Rwanda.
- Roanoke College: John Scherer, author and founder of the Scherer Leadership Center.
- Simon's Rock of Bard College: Christa Brelsford, a Ph.D. candidate in sustainability at Arizona State University who was injured while doing volunteer work in Haiti.
- University of the Arts: Moses Pendleton, the choreographer.
- Washington State University: Craig Juntunen, the entrepreneur and football player (Colleges of Business and Education); Mickey Urdea, chief executive officer of Tethys Bioscience, (Colleges of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences; Engineering and Architecture; Nursing; Pharmacy; Sciences; and Veterinary Medicine); Lisa Cohen, executive director of Washington Global Health Alliance (College of Liberal Arts and the Edward R. Murrow College of Communication).
- Willamette University: Scott Simon, a reporter for the BBC and host of National Public Radio's "Weekend Edition Saturday."
Search for Jobs
New London, CT
Ave) Pittsburgh, PA
LAKE FOREST, IL
Our Mission Allegheny’s undergraduate residential education prepares young adults for successful, meaningful lives by promoting students’...
Crown College is situated on a beautiful 215-acre campus about 30 minutes west of Minneapolis near Waconia, Minnesota. Nestled among the rolling...