May 6, 2010
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers:
- Adelphi University: Carol A. Ammon, founder and retired CEO and chairman of Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Atlanta Christian College: David Satcher, director of the Satcher Health Leadership Institute at Morehouse School of Medicine and former U.S. surgeon general.
- New Saint Andrews College: Robert George, McCormick Professor of Jurisprudence and director of the James Madison Program in American Ideals and Institutions of Princeton University.
- Pacific Oaks College: Orlando Taylor, president of the Washington campus of the Chicago School of Professional Psychology.
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science: Stanley B. Prusiner, director of the Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases and professor of neurology at the University of California at San Francisco.
- State University of New York at Albany: Joseph E. Persico, the biographer (undergraduate ceremony) and U.S. Rep. Paul D. Tonko (graduate ceremony).
- State University of New York at Geneseo: Frances Smith Foster, Candler Professor of English and Women's Studies at Emory University.
- Susquehanna University: Marie V. McDemmond, president emeritus of Norfolk State University.
- Truman State University: Charles J. McClain, former president of the university and former Missouri commissioner of higher education.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading