Commencement Speakers Announced: Berkshire CC, Chestnut Hill, Colorado, Coppin State, Elmhurst, Marlboro, Minot State, New York City College of Technology, Tuskegee, U. of Iowa, U. of Scranton
May 11, 2010
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers:
- Berkshire Community College: Jane Oates, assistant secretary of labor.
- Chestnut Hill College: Monsignor Michael J. Doyle, an anti-poverty activist known as Camden’s "Poet of Poverty."
- Colorado College: Wade Davis, anthropologist, ethnobotanist and explorer-in-residence at National Geographic.
- Coppin State University: Freda C. Lewis-Hall, senior vice president and chief medical officer for Pfizer, Inc.
- Elmhurst College: Gail Mattox, chair of psychiatry and behavioral sciences and professor of clinical psychiatry at the Morehouse School of Medicine.
- Marlboro College: Ellen Bryant Voigt, the poet.
- Minot State University: Col. Robert M. Walker, the 91st Operations Group commander at Minot Air Force Base.
- New York City College of Technology: New York State Sen. Daniel Squadron.
- Tuskegee University: Lionel Richie, the singer and songwriter.
- University of Iowa: Tom Brokaw, the journalist.
- University of Scranton: Carolyn Forché, the writer and human rights activist.
Search for Jobs
Las Cruces, NM
Mount Vernon, IA
Founded in 1785, the University of Georgia is America’s first chartered state university and Georgia’s largest and most comprehensive educational...
Mission Strayer University makes high-quality post-secondary education accessible to adult learners of diverse backgrounds and fosters their...