February 9, 2011
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2011:
- Beloit College: Justice Richard Goldstone, the former South African Supreme Court Justice who recently served as head of the United Nations fact-finding mission on the Gaza conflict.
- Southwestern University, in Texas: Christopher B. Nelson, president of St. John’s College, in Maryland.
- University of California at Los Angeles: Aaron S. Williams, director of the Peace Corps.
- University of Notre Dame: Robert M. Gates, the secretary of defense.
- Sweet Briar College: Lara Merriken, founder of the whole-food snack bar company LÄRABAR.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading