Commencement Speakers Announced: Becker, Darton, Graceland, LaGrange, Nova Southeastern, Old Dominion, Paul Smith's, RISD, Saint Michael's, U. of Arkansas Pine Bluff, Wesleyan, West Chester
April 27, 2011
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2011:
- Becker College: Governor Deval Patrick of Massachusetts.
- Darton College: Rod Risley, executive director of Phi Theta Kappa.
- Graceland University: U.S. Senator Tom Harkin of Iowa.
- LaGrange College: Bo Callaway, former U.S. representative from Georgia and former U.S. secretary of the Army.
- Nova Southeastern University: Elizabeth Kapu’uwailani Lindsey, an anthropologist who is the first female fellow and Polynesian explorer in the history of the National Geographic Society.
- Old Dominion University: U.S. Senator Jim Webb of Virginia; Blythe J. McGarvie, CEO and founder of Leadership for International Finance; and Adriane M. Brown, president and COO of Intellectual Ventures.
- Paul Smith's College: David A. Paterson, former governor of New York State.
- Rhode Island School of Design: Bill Moggridge, director of the Smithsonian Institution's Cooper-Hewitt Design Museum.
- Saint Michael's College: James H. Wall, global managing director of human resources at Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu.
- University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff: B. Alan Sugg, president of the University of Arkansas System.
- Wesleyan College: Janice Mays, Democratic chief counsel and chief tax counsel on the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Ways and Means.
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania: Mehmet Oz, the cardiothoracic surgeon.
Search for Jobs
St. Louis, MO
Located on the Massachusetts south coast, only a short drive from Cape Cod, Providence and Boston, the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth has been...
West Valley-Mission Community College District has a devoted Board of Trustees and a dedicated staff that serves its two colleges. West Valley...