Commencement Speakers Announced: Camden County, Centre, College of Saint Benedict, Mass. Pharmacy, Michigan State, Middlebury, Muskegon CC, Rose-Hulman, SUNY Albany, Thomas Aquinas, VCU, Walden, Western Connecticut
May 2, 2011
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2011:
- Camden County College: Sharon N. Wedington, vice president for enrollment and student services, who is retiring from the college with 34 years of service.
- Centre College: Lee T. Todd, president of the University of Kentucky, and T. Pearse Lyons, founder and president of Alltech.
- College of Saint Benedict: Laura McGrane, assistant professor of English at Haverford College.
- Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences: Patricia Hannon, president and CEO of New England Baptist Hospital, and Sylvio L. Dupuis, former mayor of Manchester, N.H.
- Michigan State University: Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple Computer Inc., and Roger Ferguson Jr., president and CEO of TIAA-CREF.
- Middlebury College: Chris Waddell, a paralympic skier and activist.
- Muskegon Community College: Governor Rick Snyder of Michigan.
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology: Michio Kaku, professor of theoretical physics at the City College of the City University of New York.
- State University of New York at Albany: Gregory Maguire, author of Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, and Randy Cohen, former ethics columnist for The New York Times.
- Thomas Aquinas College: The Rev. José H. Gomez, archbishop of Los Angeles.
- Virginia Commonwealth University: Governor Bob McDonnell of Virginia.
- Walden University: President Clinton.
- Western Connecticut State University: Allan Houston, former NBA basketball player and founder of the Legacy Foundation.
Search for Jobs
Jersey City, NJ
Mount Vernon, IA
Leadership and Innovation Life Chiropractic College West, which offers a Doctor of Chiropractic degree, is internationally recognized for leadership...
John Jay College is both an internationally recognized leader in scholarly research on criminal justice and a premier academic institution whose...