Commencement Speakers Announced: Benedictine, California Lutheran, DeVry, Jones County, Loyola, Lynn, Newberry, San Jose State, U. of Charleston, U. of St. Francis, U. of Tennessee, U. of Washington-Bothell
May 3, 2011
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2011:
- Benedictine University: Donna Brazile, the political advisor and commentator.
- California Lutheran University: Jack O'Connell, former state superintendent of public instruction in California.
- DeVry University: Chris Anderson, editor-in-chief of Wired.
- Jones County Junior College: Rod Risley, executive director of Phi Theta Kappa.
- Loyola University Maryland: Benjamin Solomon Carson Sr., director of pediatric neurosurgery at the Johns Hopkins University Children’s Center.
- Lynn University: Jeb Bush, former governor of Florida; and Lee Woodruff, the broadcaster, author and blogger.
- Newberry College: Rudolph E. (Rudy) Mancke, host of "NatureScene."
- San Jose State University: James E. Thompson, founder and chairman of the Crown Worldwide Group.
- University of Charleston: Charles M. Vest, president emeritus of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- University of St. Francis, in Illinois: Sister Margaret Carney, president of St. Bonaventure University.
- University of Tennessee at Knoxville: Alan Wilson, chairman, president and CEO of McCormick & Company Inc.
- University of Washington at Bothell: Jim Donald, who has held senior positions at Pathmark, Wal-Mart, Haggen and Starbucks.
Search for Jobs
Newport News, VA
Notre Dame, IN
Saint Paul, MN
Since 1890, the University of North Texas has been a catalyst for transformation for its students and the North Texas region. As the nation’s 26th...
Since its founding in 1887, Whittier College has been a place of academic innovation, where a community of learners pushes past constraints and "...