Commencement Speakers Announced: Benedictine, California Lutheran, DeVry, Jones County, Loyola, Lynn, Newberry, San Jose State, U. of Charleston, U. of St. Francis, U. of Tennessee, U. of Washington-Bothell
May 3, 2011
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2011:
- Benedictine University: Donna Brazile, the political advisor and commentator.
- California Lutheran University: Jack O'Connell, former state superintendent of public instruction in California.
- DeVry University: Chris Anderson, editor-in-chief of Wired.
- Jones County Junior College: Rod Risley, executive director of Phi Theta Kappa.
- Loyola University Maryland: Benjamin Solomon Carson Sr., director of pediatric neurosurgery at the Johns Hopkins University Children’s Center.
- Lynn University: Jeb Bush, former governor of Florida; and Lee Woodruff, the broadcaster, author and blogger.
- Newberry College: Rudolph E. (Rudy) Mancke, host of "NatureScene."
- San Jose State University: James E. Thompson, founder and chairman of the Crown Worldwide Group.
- University of Charleston: Charles M. Vest, president emeritus of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- University of St. Francis, in Illinois: Sister Margaret Carney, president of St. Bonaventure University.
- University of Tennessee at Knoxville: Alan Wilson, chairman, president and CEO of McCormick & Company Inc.
- University of Washington at Bothell: Jim Donald, who has held senior positions at Pathmark, Wal-Mart, Haggen and Starbucks.
Search for Jobs
Prince Frederick, MD
The College of New Jersey (TCNJ) is a highly selective institution that has earned national recognition for its commitment to excellence. Founded in...
The mission of the American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine is to provide an excellent medical education to qualified students of...