Commencement Speakers Announced: Bridgewater, Cal State L.A., Chestnut Hill, Clark, College of Idaho, Heritage, South U., St. Catherine U., St. Charles CC, St. John's, U. of Illinois, U. of New Haven, Wentworth
May 13, 2011
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2011:
- Bridgewater College: Joe Sestak, former U.S. representative from Pennsylvania.
- California State University at Los Angeles: Hilda L. Solis, the U.S. secretary of labor, and John Chiang, California's controller.
- Chestnut Hill College: Susan Manbeck Corbett, wife of Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett and chairperson of the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts.
- Clark College, in Washington State: Donna Beegle, an author and an expert on poverty.
- College of Idaho: Matthew Barney, the artist.
- Heritage University: Gloria Nemerowicz, president of Pine Manor College.
- South University: Tom Daschle, the former Senate majority leader.
- St. Catherine University: Sister Carol Keehan, president and chief executive officer of the Catholic Health Association of the United States, and Paul Schnell, the police chief in Hastings, Minnesota.
- St. Charles Community College: Governor Jay Nixon of Missouri.
- St. John's College, in Maryland: Leo Pickens, director of athletics at the college.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign: William M. Daley, the White House chief of staff.
- University of New Haven: David Baldacci, the novelist.
- Wentworth Institute of Technology: Sava ÄŒvek, founder of SCA Development International, a design, engineering and manufacturing management company.
Search for Jobs
San Jose, CA
Silver Spring, MD
Lasell College, founded in 1851, is an independent, non-sectarian institution of higher education located eight miles from Boston in Newton,...
The Coast Commun ity College District is a multi-college district that includes Coastline Community College , Golden West College , and Orange Coast...