Commencement Speakers Announced: Anne Arundel CC, Baruch, Harper, Linfield, Southern Connecticut, Union County, Union Institute, U. of North Dakota, Wheaton
May 23, 2011
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2011:
- Anne Arundel Community College: Nancy S. Grasmick, Maryland superintendent of schools.
- Baruch College of the City University of New York: Irene M. Dorner, CEO and president of HSBC USA Inc. and HSBC Bank USA, and Russlynn Ali, assistant secretary for civil rights at the U.S. Department of Education.
- Harper College, in Illinois: Connie Payton, the wife of the late Chicago Bears legend Walter Payton and the head of the Walter and Connie Payton Foundation for abused and neglected children.
- Linfield College: Dave Hansen, a former dean and vice president at the college.
- Southern Connecticut State University: Byron Pitts, a reporter for CBS News; Carol Stiff, vice president, programming and acquisitions at ESPN; and Bishop Theodore L. Brooks Sr., the second assistant presiding bishop of the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World.
- Union County College: New Jersey State Senator Raymond J. Lesniak.
- Union Institute and University: Jean Quan, mayor of Oakland, and Sylvia Manning, president of the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- University of North Dakota General Commencement (Saturday, May 14): Sen. Kent Conrad.
- Wheaton College, in Massachusetts: Richard Stengel, managing editor of Time.
Search for Jobs
New Haven, CT
About Ursinus College Founded in 1869 First admitted women in 1880 1,650 students from 35 states and 12 countries 20% students of color 12 to 1...
As a nationally prominent university, Western Kentucky University engages the globe in acclaimed, technologically enhanced academic programs. An...