April 15, 2015
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2015:
- Alabama State University: Dave Zuchowski, president and CEO of Hyundai Motor America.
- Clarkson University: Joe Drago, chair of Hockey Canada.
- Drew University: Robert J. Franek, senior vice president and publisher of the Princeton Review.
- Elizabethtown College: E. Roe Stamps IV, founder of the Stamps Leadership Scholars, and Dana Chryst, CEO of the Jay Group.
- John Carroll University: David W. Short, chair of the university's board.
- Lake Erie College: David Hume Kennerly, the photographer.
- Mount Mercy University: Sister Karen Schneider, assistant professor of pediatric emergency medicine at Johns Hopkins University Children’s Center.
- Rutgers University: William S. Nye, CEO of the Planetary Society and television’s Bill Nye, the Science Guy; Earl Lewis, president of the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation; and Bryan A. Stevenson, executive director of the Equal Justice Initiative.
- Skidmore College: Sallie W. (Penny) Chisholm, the Lee and Geraldine Martin Professor of Environmental Studies at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and Julian Bond, a longtime activist in the civil rights, economic justice and peace movements.
- Southern Vermont College: Moustafa M. Bayoumi, author of How Does It Feel to Be a Problem?: Being Young and Arab in America.
- University of Houston at Victoria: Belle Wheelan, president of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- University of Mississippi: Teresa A. Sullivan, president of the University of Virginia.
- Wellesley College: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, the novelist.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading